Press Association “I am also pleased regarding how Jack trained over the past two weeks with the under-21s. Jack is back. I am happy for that – and for the team.” Grealish had been banished from his club’s first-team training sessions after images of him out in Manchester emerged following Villa’s thrashing at Goodison Park on November 21. Garde called his actions “not of a professional standard” in explaining his punishment and the midfielder subsequently missed the defeat to Watford and the draw with Southampton over the past two weekends as a result. Grealish played all 90 minutes in the under-21s’ 2-1 win over Derby on Monday and is now back training with the first-team squad ahead of the bottom club’s home clash with Garde’s old club Arsenal this weekend. It is not the first time Grealish’s off-field antics have produced unwanted headlines for Villa since he burst onto the scene last season in their run to the FA Cup final. Earlier this year he was reprimanded by his club after an image of him lying on his back in a Tenerife street spread on social media while on another occasion he was also pictured appearing to inhale nitrous oxide, otherwise known as ‘hippy crack’, from a balloon. Garde’s predecessor Tim Sherwood had urged Grealish to “‘knuckle down” when he was at the Villa Park helm, and his form this year has waned as the midlands club have slumped to the division’s basement. The talented 20-year-old had been forced to spend time with the development squad after being pictured in a nightclub following a 4-0 defeat to Everton last month, but Garde has now revealed his punishment over. Speaking to AVTV, the Frenchman said: “Jack is back with the group now. I am pleased to have him back because he’s an important player for the group. Midfielder Jack Grealish is back training with Aston Villa’s first team again, manager Remi Garde has confirmed.
Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January 1 JIBE REAL DEAL Tottenham issue immediate ban to supporter who threw cup at Kepa tense Genoa have rejected an enquiry from Napoli for Chelsea target Krzysztof Piatek, according to reports.The striker has been on fire since moving to Italy for under £4m in the summer and he is currently the top scorer in Serie A with nine goals in seven matches. REVEALED Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won punished REVEALED Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star targets Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City OFF Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars shining gameday cracker Multiple teams are now chasing Piatek’s signature Redknapp calls Son ‘petulant’, but Holloway says red card for Rudiger kick was ‘soft’ Lampard appears to aim dig at Mourinho for handling of Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea Latest Chelsea News Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Clubs are now queuing up to sign the Poland international and he is expected to leave Genoa in the summer.Barcelona are closely monitoring Piatek, who is also on the radars of both Chelsea and Manchester City too.Napoli have long been mentioned as serious contenders for the 23-year-old’s signature as well.But, according to Rai Sport, they have had an enquiry for Piatek instantly knocked back.Napoli are understood to have contacted Genoa this week about a deal for the striker next summer.However, the approach was swiftly rejected as Genoa have no plans to discuss a sale right now.