Judging by the large piles of footwear pictured on his Instagram feed, Clippers sneakerhead/center Montrezl Harrell is just about ready to go.He and his Clippers teammates will join the 21 other NBA teams bound for the Orlando bubble this week, where the league will finish its 2019-20 season that was interrupted by the coronavirus pandemic in March.The Clippers return as one of the teams favored to win the title at the conclusion of what’s anticipated to be a three-month completion. Official competition will commence July 30 with seven seeding games leading into the playoffs — all of it to be held in a closed environment at Walt Disney World Resort, without fans, and at a cost of more than $150 million to the league, according to ESPN.But just as the NBA ramped up preparation last week with the start of required individual workouts on Wednesday, the Clippers shut down their practice facility in Playa Vista on Thursday, a precautionary move following the news that a member of their traveling party tested positive for the coronavirus. Five other NBA teams reportedly also shuttered their practice floors following positive tests in the past week. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error The NBA has stated that it will have stringent health and safety protocols in place for when teams land on campus at Walt Disney World Resort.The Clippers haven’t commented since closing their building, but before anyone in the Clippers’ camp had been reported to test positive for the coronavirus, coach Doc Rivers talked about how eager he and his squad were to get back to it.“I’m excited about getting going,” Rivers said last week on a Zoom chat with media. “I think anybody would be excited about going back to work. We’ve been out of work — not just athletes, but most of this country — for three-plus months, so I think anybody would want to go back to work.“I think obviously, in our profession, we’re working for something hopefully that results in something big for us, so that’s the selfish part.”Accomplishing that “something big” will be a test of teams’ adaptability, off the court and on it. “It will be different, the no fans, and the fact that you can hear everything,” Rivers said. “I don’t think we need scouts right now because every time a coach makes a call, we’re going to hear it. We make one, they’re going to hear it. Even when a coach makes a signal, the players will yell it out.“I don’t think there will be a lot of secrets, that’s for sure. Players will hear things they’ve never heard before. Officials, unfortunately, will hear things they’ve never heard before.“Obviously we’d rather have fans there,” Rivers added. “(But) you put two men in a boxing ring, or five or 10 guys on the court, the game is going to turn into a competition. It always does, and it always will.”Patrick Beverley might know something about that.While on the attack playing the video game “Call of Duty” online recently with NBA Draft prospect Tre Jones on the “Work From Home” series on YouTube, the Clippers’ feisty guard assured host DragonFly Jonez and anyone else watching that he’s fired up to play in Florida — even without fans.“It’s gonna expose teams even more,” said Beverley, who fortified himself during the video game session with a carrot and a banana. “I’m treating everybody the same. Every team I play, I’m playing them like we playing Golden State when they had Kevin Durant. Every point guard I play, I’m playing Steph Curry. Every shooting guard I’m playing, I’m playing James Harden. Every 3-man I’m playing, I’m playing LeBron (James) and KD, and down the road…”
That said, the Devils have played around a 91-point pace for nearly 20 games and have stabilized some of the problems it had in that horrible start. Not convinced they’re selling this early.— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) November 30, 2019Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and Chris Johnston reportedly said on ‘Hockey Night in Canada’ that if the Devils look for a trade partner, the Oilers, Avalanche, Blues and Canadiens may show interest. New Jersey’s asking price? Two first round picks (one may be conditional) and a team’s top prospect.MORE: Four possible destinations for New Jersey Devils’ Taylor HallThrough 24 games, the Devils sit in last place in the Metropolitan Division with a 9-11-4 record (22 points). The holiday shopping season has officially begun, and Taylor Hall may be on several teams’ wish lists.According to TSN’s Pierre LeBrun, the New Jersey Devils have started to listen to offers for Hall. It may not mean anything in the short term, but LeBrun reports that Devils general manager Ray Shero is considering all possibilities. Should Hall be dealt to another team, LeBrun expects conditions to be placed on the agreement that would see New Jersey acquire further assets should Hall re-sign with his new club.If and when he’s dealt, I would expect the deal to have a conditional nature to it so that if he re-signs with his new club there will be additional asset(s)… Either way, this isn’t necessarily a deal _ if it happens _ that must wait until the Feb. 24 deadline….— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) November 30, 2019NHL free agency 2020: Taylor Hall, Alex Pietrangelo headline UFA classHall, 28, is in the final season of a seven-year, $42 million contract and thus could be an attractive option for a team looking to acquire a high-scoring veteran ahead of the postseason. The Calgary, Alta. native won the Hart Trophy as the NHL’s most valuable player in 2018 following a career-high 93 points (39 goals) for the Devils, but missed most of last season with a knee injury.The former Edmonton Oilers forward leads New Jersey with four goals and 21 points so far this season.A potential landing spot for Hall may be Colorado, with ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski reporting that New Jersey scouted the Avalanche “at all levels” this season.
Thomas Pringle TD has called for genuine engagement with tenants and the need for a will on behalf of the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine in negotiating rent reductions for fishery harbour centre tenants.“Currently, the department has in the region of 140 property agreements in place in the six Fishery Harbour Centres at Killybegs, Ros an Mhíl, Dingle, Castletownbere, Dunmore East and Howth,” he said.“In the region of 60 lease agreements contain rent review clauses, however Minister Coveney decided that following the completion of rent reviews due for the period up to mid-2008 that no rent reviews would be carried out for years subsequent to 2008 and that an effective freeze in rent would be applied across the board. “Last week I informed the Minister how this decision he made two years ago is affecting tenants who are living with the consequences of this and paying very high rents and want their rents to be reviewed and are happy to engage with the Department, but to no avail.“Minister Coveney justified his decision by stating that in the most recent round of rent reviews, numerous rents were increased. While this may be the case, the rent freeze is not enough and in some cases detrimental whereby numerous tenants are finding themselves at a disadvantage because of this. If there was a will within the department to engage with tenants and work towards negotiating fairer rents I believe that would be a constructive solution.“But since the Minister has decided to continue this approach in relation to rent reviews due in 2013 and for a rent freeze to be applied in all such cases, it looks like this situation will remain for some time.“This is an unfortunate situation for those who would otherwise be paying lower rents and I will continue to call on the Minister to constructively engage with these tenants,” stated Pringle. GOVERNMENT WON’T REVIEW RENTS IN KILLYBEGS – TD was last modified: February 19th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:GOVERNMENT WON’T REVIEW RENTS IN KILLYBEGS – TD