There’s the opportunity for players from three of the home nations to impressahead of the World Cup later.England play France at Twickenham this evening in their first warm-up matchbefore the tournament, which starts next month. Ireland will hope to keep up there good form after last week’s win over Wales as they take on Scotland in Dublin at 5pm..
The NBA is closer to resuming its season with key dates being revealed, but one issue that remains is what to do about older coaches and staffers who are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus.As the league heads to the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla., to resume the season, commissioner Adam Silver has expressed concern for some of those older coaches, such as Gregg Popovich, 71, Mike D’Antoni, 69, and Alvin Gentry, 65. NBA RETURN: What to know about 22-team format”There are people involved in this league, particularly coaches, who are obviously older people,” Silver said during an interview on TNT on Thursday night. “We’re going to have to work through protocols, for example, and it may be certain coaches may not be able to be the bench coach.”They may have to maintain social-distancing protocols, and maybe they can be in the front of a room, a locker room, or a ballroom with a white board, but when it comes to actual play we’re not going to want them that close to players in order to protect them. So those are all issues that we are continuing to work through.” Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, president of the NBA Coaches Association, said he spoke with Silver after the interview.”The health and safety of our coaches is first and foremost. It’s entirely possible that an NBA coach in his 60s or 70s could be healthier than someone in their 30s or 40s,” Carlisle, 60, said in a statement obtained by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. “The conversation should never be solely about a person’s age. Adam assured me that we would work through this together to help determine what is both safe and fair for all our coaches.”Carlisle added in the tweet that Silver told him he had “jumped the gun” with his comments to TNT.
Terrence Mclean, 34, who claimed he is attached to ISIS after attempting to rob the Guyana Bank for Trade andTerrence McleanIndustry (GBTI), was today sentenced to three years imprisonment by Magistrate Judy Latchman after pleading guilty to the charge of demanding $10 million from the officer in charge of the card centre, Dahana Ramjist, with the intent to steal.The prosecution’s facts stated that on Tuesday, June 28, Mclean entered the GBTI, Regent Street, Georgetown branch at 09:20h and requested to speak with the Manager and handed over a note stating, “ISIS, there is a bomb in the bag, give us $10 million or you will all die.” The accused then demanded $10 million.An alarm was raised which summoned Police ranks. Upon the arrival of the Police, Mclean dropped the haversack he was carrying and shouted “Allah Akbar.”The accused was subsequently arrested and the bag was searched, revealing documents and a knife. No evidence of a bomb was found.Magistrate Latchman sentenced Mclean to the maximum imprisonment for the charge given the seriousness of the crime and the effect it can have on the commercial bank.Mclean was unrepresented in court and prior to his sentencing,he told the court, “They should have given me the money because they will all die the next time.” He further added that procedures that were taken to arrest him “were all flawed.”McLean is said to be of unsound mind and underwent psychiatric evaluation at Dr Bhiro Harry’s clinic. It was confirmed by Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum that McLean is a deportee who was also charged in 2007 for the possession of a gun and ammunition.