PSL’s Karachi matches to be played in an empty stadium: PCB

first_imgKarachi: The remaining Pakistan Super League (PSL) matches that are scheduled to be held at Karachi’s National Stadium will be played behind closed doors, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announced on Thursday.”Following advice from the Sindh Government late Thursday afternoon, the Pakistan Cricket Board has made a decision to stage the upcoming Karachi HBL Pakistan Super League 2020 matches in empty National Stadium,” said the PCB in a statement. “The decision will be enforced from Friday, 13 March, while for the Thursday, 12 March fixture the PCB and the Sindh Government has strongly advised the spectators to continue to take all necessary precautionary measures.”There are four more matches left in the group stage of the PSL, three of which will be played in Karachi and one in Lahore. Later, one qualifier will be played in Karachi while the two eliminators and final will all be held in Lahore. “With regard to the remaining fixtures in Lahore, we are already in contact with the Punjab Government and will take on board its advisory in relation to the Lahore matches,” PCB Chief Executive Wasim Khan was quoted as saying in the board’s release. IANSAlso Read: Asian Cricket Council (ACC) will decide the Asia Cup venue: PCBAlso Watch: AASU staged two-hour sit-in demonstration against CAA 2019 in Charaideolast_img read more

Italian star shuns Tottenham move to stay in Serie A

first_img1 Cagliari defender Davide Astori Tottenham transfer target Davide Astori has shunned a Premier League move in favour of signing a three-year contract extension with Cagliari.The Italy international had also been linked with moves to Manchester City, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and, more recently, Championship club Leeds, who are now owned by Cagliari’s former president Massimo Cellino.But the 27-year-old defender, who made his debut for the Sardinians in 2008, has opted to extend his stay at Stadio Is Arenas.Astori told Cagliari’s official website: “I’ve been here six years now and I’ve grown up and matured while in Sardinia.“I wanted to show my gratitude to Cagliari. I thank president [Tommaso] Giulini: it is a decision we took together.”Cagliari director of sport Francesco Marroccu added: “We are extremely proud we have kept hold of one of our greatest professionals.“Davide was in the last year of his contract and so the fact he wanted to renew with us shows he has great faith in the club.”last_img read more