Air France will resume flights to Monrovia April 20, 2020. Beginning 20 April 2020, Air France will once again resume service to Liberia’s Roberts International Airport, thanks to five weekly flights operated by Airbus A330-300 with a capacity of 224 seats (36 in Business, 21 in Premium Economy and 167 in Economy class).According to a statement from the French air carrier, Air France will serve Monrovia as a continuation of service to Bamako (Mali) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays, and directly on Tuesdays and Fridays before joining Bamako. Thanks to this new route between Monrovia and Bamako, Air France will operate four additional flights to Mali (12 flights in total), representing a 63% increase in capacity compared to last year.Air France in AfricaFor the 2020 summer season, Air France will serve 35 destinations in Africa and 280 weekly flights. In total, the Air France-KLM group will operate more than 500 weekly flights to 49 destinations in Africa. As part of its commitment to continue to offer the best possible service, the company provides customers traveling on its African routes personalized attentions and a custom-designed service both on board and at the airport.Air France flight schedules to MonroviaAir France offers a more generous baggage allowance than on the rest of the long-haul network, to most African destinations. The airline offers baggage allowances in four categories. La Première allows 3 items of baggage, each weighing no more than 32kg; Business allows 2 items of baggage, each weighing no more than 32kg; Premium Economy allows 2 items of baggage, each weighing no more than 23kg; and Economy allows 2 items of baggage, each weighing no more than 23kg.At Paris-Charles de Gaulle, a team of experts from the African continent is present on all flights to and from Africa, where they provide commercial assistance to passengers, taking into account the geopolitical, commercial, regulatory and cultural characteristics of each country.To make passenger handling easier, Air France has multicultural teams familiar with the specific expectations of its international customers. On a daily basis, they welcome close to 5,000 passengers, helping them with check-in and with their connections between flights. More than 2,500 cabin crew, belonging to Air France’s Africa and Middle East division, are trained in international standards and the specific expectations of customers on African routes.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The controversial ,000 container fee was slashed to 00 as an interim measure following discussions last Friday between Georgetown Mayor and City Council (M&CC) and the Private Sector Commission (PSC).Town Clerk Royston King said in a statement that discussions and deliberations on the issue concluded with those in attendance proposing that the Council reduce the container fee to 00 as an interim measure.“It will be collected at the source, at the various Ports and Wharves, effective 1st of August, 2016,” King said.He said that the meeting, held in an atmosphere of understanding and cooperation, also examined other issues.The blocked entrance of John Fernandes Wharf after fee standoffOn July 19, the M&CC blocked several streets in Georgetown and its environs, demanding that a $25,000 fee be paid for each container to traverse the city streets.The management staff of John Fernandes Terminal had told Guyana Times that they were approached by Deputy Town Clerk Sherry Jerrick on behalf of the M&CC and were informed that all laden container trucks must pay a fee of $25,000 to traverse the city streets or be blocked at the wharves.M&CC officials were also present outside the Muneshwer’s Wharf, where they also prevented container trucks from entering or leaving the location unless the $25,000 fee was paid.While there, Deputy Town Clerk Jerrick told the media that the City Council was merely invoking Numbers 273 and 274 of its by-laws with respect to the use of its roads by vehicles of a “certain weight”.However, the Council was forced to abandon the demand after Shipping Association of Guyana (SAG) moved to the High Court challenging the M&CC’s decision to impose the new fee.The SAG in its court documents filed, emphasised that the Municipal and Municipal District Councils Act, Ch 28:01 and by-laws does not provide for the imposition of such a tax.According to the Notice of Motion, the SAG through Attorneys Sase Gunraj and Christopher Ram, sought to have an Order or Rule Nisi of Certiorari directed to Royston King, Town Clerk of the City of Georgetown, quashing the decision made on July 19, 2016 to block and/or impede access of vehicles transporting shipping containers on streets within the City of Georgetown unless a fee of $25,000 per container is paid.This application was made on the grounds that the decision is contrary to and in violation of Municipal and Municipal District Councils Act, Ch 28:01 and by-laws made there under, is biased, without jurisdiction, made in bad faith, is unreasonable, arbitrary, capricious, mala fide, malicious, vindictive, unlawful, ultra vires, null, void and of no legal effect.The SAG is seeking for Town Clerk Royston King to show some cause as to why the said Order or Rule Nisi of Certiorari should not be made absolute. The PSC in an earlier statement had said that it was increasingly concerned at the approach of the M&CC to make such decisions to raise revenue, which negatively impacts the business community and the citizens of Georgetown, without any public consultation and without due process within the law.It went on to say too that it is cognisant of the city requiring sufficient revenue to be run efficiently; however, the Council should take an inclusive approach by engaging stakeholders in the decision-making process, which will serve the interest of all parties.Nevertheless, the PSC Commission said it was looking forward to further discussions on the matter with the hope it results in a sensible and professional resolution reflecting the mutual interests of the business community, the citizens and the municipality.It appears that the most recent meetings and discussions between the PSC and M&CC were reflective of such.
Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard insists the side will not dwell on their disappointing 2-1 defeat to Tottenham, and will put all their focus on getting back to winning ways against Hull City on Wednesday.Roberto Martinez’s men took an early lead following an explosive start at White Hart Lane in Sunday’s Premier League clash, Kevin Mirallas finding the net with a stunning curling strike.But the visitors failed to build on their supremacy, as Spurs went in front before the break through goals from Christian Eriksen and Roberto Soldado and held on in the second-half to secure victory.The result ended Everton’s run of eight games unbeaten in all competitions, but Howard has assured fans the team will not allow the defeat to affect them over a hectic festive period, starting with their midweek Tigers tie.“We were expected to win I think, so we’re disappointed from our point of view,” said the USA international.“Spurs are a good team, there’s no question how talented they are going forward, we tried to expose them a little bit but we just didn’t do that enough.“But we’re not a team, and our manager isn’t a manager, who dwells on results, we’re just looking forward to the Hull game now.“We’re at home, it’ll be an opportunity for us to get three points and we are confident we can do that, so we go again.“It’ll be good to be back at Goodison Park to get that feeling again of getting out there in front of our own supporters and have them roar us on.“This doesn’t knock us. It’s unfortunate we lost, but we’ll go again and I’ll tell you what, if come Thursday morning we’ve got three points in the bag we’ll feel on top of the world again.”