COVID-19: C. Java hospital produces protective gear for medical workers amid shortages

first_imgIn response to the shortage of protective health equipment for medical workers treating COVID-19 patients, the Central Java administration has independently produced its own hazmat suits that it will provide to certain medical personnel.Using spunbonded polypropylene, Moewardi General Hospital in Surakarta, Central Java, is able to produce 200 to 250 hazmat suits each day to make up for the shortage of personal protective equipment.“The lack of hazmat suits everywhere has resulted in medical personnel in some regions wearing only a raincoat. We try to innovate. The Moewardi hospital has creatively made its own hazmat suit at a more affordable price,” Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo said on Monday. Ganjar suggested that hospitals in Central Java contact the Central Java Health Agency for a hazmat suit.“Or if any hospitals want to make their own hazmat suits, they can learn from the Moewardi hospital,” he said.He advised the regional administration not to rely on the central government and to instead be creative in facing the COVID-19 pandemic.Contacted separately, the Moewardi General Hospital chief of services, Bambang SW, said that the hospital launched production of the suits after it faced difficulties in ordering protective suits from factories. Topics :center_img “Now we’re ready to help the other hospitals or we’ll teach them how to make a hazmat suit,” he said.The suit, Bambang said, cost Rp 50,000 (US$ 3), far below the market price of Rp 150,000.He gave assurances that the hazmat suits were made under strict standards and safety procedures, with the tailors healthy and adhering to cleanliness protocol. (aly)last_img read more

Tony Pulis hopes Saido Berahino can find form as Spurs visit reopens speculation

first_img The striker could face Tottenham on Saturday for the first time since threatening to go on strike in the summer after Spurs had four bids rejected. He has been benched for the last three Barclays Premier League games after a dip in form and has netted just three times this season. The Baggies rejected two offers from Spurs on deadline day – the last rising to £23million with several clauses – after he scored 20 goals last season and, ahead of their Hawthorns visit, Pulis is still waiting for Berahino to regain his form. He said: “If you look at last season the most influential player at the club was Saido. He got the goals which got us the points which kept us in the league. This year we haven’t had that. “For six months we’ve played with Saido being nowhere near as good as he was last year. It was disappointing in lots of ways. I’m not blaming Saido, not anyone, it’s just fact. “There’s no question Saido was disappointed the deal never went through. There are people in the game who can handle it, there are people who can’t. “He’s an outstanding player and talent but we haven’t had that at the same level as we did last year. “I’m not saying we can’t get him back but we haven’t got him back to the same level. “The problem is the window is coming around again and they’ll be all the speculation.” Berahino was also dropped for three games earlier in the season as Pulis felt he was not in the right frame of mind to cope with the spotlight. Press Association Spurs have again been linked with a move for the 22-year-old next month but Pulis insisted Berahino is better off at the Baggies. “He has to get as fit as he was last year and wash everything else away. He has been given a God-given talent but in the last six months he has not fulfilled the potential,” he said. “He needs to get back to that for his own sake. The best place to do it is here. “I don’t want to get into asking prices and whether he is for sale or not. I’m not interested.” Meanwhile, Pulis is without the banned Claudio Yacob against Spurs while Ben Foster continues to be out with a long-term knee injury. Pulis insisted there had been no bids for Berahino, although the club have conceded they are powerless to stop interest, and the 57-year-old wants to work with Berahino for as long as possible. “No one has rung me up and said there is a deal there to be done and no one has rung the chairman up so it’s speculation,” he said. “My mindset has always been the same, which is to try to get the best out of the kid while he’s here. “If he’s here for the next 10 years and I am lucky enough to be here for the next 10 years then that’s what I’ll do continuously – try to get the best out of the players. “My job is to do that and if the chairman decides to sell him then the chairman decides to sell him.” January will be the third transfer window when Berahino has been the focus of speculation at The Hawthorns and while Pulis is confident the forward has learned from past mistakes he knows only the England Under-21 international can get himself back on track. “I think it takes time. There are different people, different characters,” he said. “We are all different and some people take over things straight away and others take time. “It’s important that he realises and recognises that he has got wonderful talent. “Irrespective of what we say, the lad has to pick up the baton himself and that’s important. “For all the talk we do, the important thing is that the lad who is running this and can control this has got to pick the baton up and that’s what Saido has got to do.” Tony Pulis believes West Brom have been missing the real Saido Berahino for six months.last_img read more

Taylor Hall trade rumors: New Jersey Devils have ‘started to listen’ to potential deals, report says

first_imgThat said, the Devils have played around a 91-point pace for nearly 20 games and have stabilized some of the problems it had in that horrible start. Not convinced they’re selling this early.— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) November 30, 2019Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman and Chris Johnston reportedly said on ‘Hockey Night in Canada’ that if the Devils look for a trade partner, the Oilers, Avalanche, Blues and Canadiens may show interest. New Jersey’s asking price? Two first round picks (one may be conditional) and a team’s top prospect.MORE: Four possible destinations for New Jersey Devils’ Taylor HallThrough 24 games, the Devils sit in last place in the Metropolitan Division with a 9-11-4 record (22 points). The holiday shopping season has officially begun, and Taylor Hall may be on several teams’ wish lists.According to TSN’s Pierre LeBrun, the New Jersey Devils have started to listen to offers for Hall. It may not mean anything in the short term, but LeBrun reports that Devils general manager Ray Shero is considering all possibilities. Should Hall be dealt to another team, LeBrun expects conditions to be placed on the agreement that would see New Jersey acquire further assets should Hall re-sign with his new club.If and when he’s dealt, I would expect the deal to have a conditional nature to it so that if he re-signs with his new club there will be additional asset(s)… Either way, this isn’t necessarily a deal _ if it happens _ that must wait until the Feb. 24 deadline….— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) November 30, 2019NHL free agency 2020: Taylor Hall, Alex Pietrangelo headline UFA classHall, 28, is in the final season of a seven-year, $42 million contract and thus could be an attractive option for a team looking to acquire a high-scoring veteran ahead of the postseason. The Calgary, Alta. native won the Hart Trophy as the NHL’s most valuable player in 2018 following a career-high 93 points (39 goals) for the Devils, but missed most of last season with a knee injury.The former Edmonton Oilers forward leads New Jersey with four goals and 21 points so far this season.A potential landing spot for Hall may be Colorado, with ESPN’s Greg Wyshynski reporting that New Jersey scouted the Avalanche “at all levels” this season.last_img read more